Here’s some wise advice for highly sensitive people from a lecture that I attended in February 9, 2000 from Suzanne Falter-Barns, the author of How Much Joy Can You Stand?
* A quote from Vasari… “Talent and effort go together or if they do not, the talent will be wasted.”
* There’s no such day as some day.
* Pursuing a dream can be easier than thinking about it.
* How much commitment do you have to your dream?
* How can you re-arrange your life to follow your dream?
* Surrender and trust your dream.
* Use your intuition to guide you where you need to go.
* Effort doesn’t have to be a struggle.
* Have a want to make a life that you want to lead.
* Make a written list of things that you want to do, but have been avoiding. Make a written list of why you’re not doing it. Fear is the most common cause for not doing what you’d like. Are your fears justified?
* Make a written list of how you can overcome your fears. Give yourself as many reasons as possible to overcome them.
* How can you give your gift to others?
The words in bold letters are the ones that I most relate to. Can you relate to anything that Suzanne Falter-Barns said? I’m interested in any thoughts or comments that you have.