What 10 positive action steps are you going to take in 2015? I’m going to list my action steps to help you start the process. Make a written list and refer to it every day. It’s important to keep up this repetition to keep you focused on the right path. It’s too easy to become distracted by everyday life.
(1) I’m going to conquer becoming upset over the little things. I tend to let “upsets” set the tone for my day. It’s normal to be bothered, but not at the expense of not having a productive day that clutter your thought process. Acknowledging these distractions and letting them go is the only way for me to go!
(2) I’m going to focus on important things that need to be done. How many times have you thought about too many things at once? When you think about it…How many of them were truly important? Focusing on the important tasks only will get whatever I want done!
(3) I’m staying away or keep my distance from negative forces that bother me. This includes people, situations, and environment. I’m only going to associate with people who are uplifting and motivating. I want to consciously place myself in environments that I can thrive in. Listening to my intuition will be my guide.
(4) I’m going to learn something new every day. The more I learn, the better I feel about myself. The more knowledge and self-confidence I have, the better options I have to improve my life.
(5) I’m going to meet the challenge of change head on. Change is inevitable. Nothing stays the same. Although change can seem overwhelming, it opens the door for growth. I’m going to venture out of my comfort zone and not be afraid to try new experiences and not be overwhelmed by them.
(6) I’m going to finally realize that worry doesn’t help me. I’m a natural worrier about everything! This doesn’t serve my best interests. I’m going to trust myself by listening to my natural intuition and do my best in every situation and not be afraid to make adjustments as needed.
(7) I’m going to keep my body and mind healthy. This should be obvious. I’m going to be more conscious of the things I eat and what it does for my overall health. This doesn’t mean going on a strict diet that will be impossible to keep up with. Better food choices and not feeling guilty when I want to indulge in the “forbidden” ones is the way for me to go. Regular exercise, medical exams, dental checkups, and acupuncture treatments are important ingredients for my well-being.
(8) I’m going to be honest about how things really are, rather than the way I want them to be. Trying to rationalize the truth has never helped me. This includes my thoughts about people and situations, whether that be personal or professional. You can’t change the way people are to meet your needs. They are what they are and we have the choice to accept or reject them.
(9) I’m going to tackle unpleasant tasks that need to be done. Procrastination causes needless stress and leaves me with the feeling of having loose ends and unfinished projects.
(10) I’m going to give myself credit when it’s due and not belittle myself when I make a mistake. I’m not perfect! Nothing is perfect! Do you hear that highly sensitive people? Knowing that I’m a good and capable person will also shield myself from negative people whose opinions might negatively affect the way I feel about myself.
What 10 positive action steps are you going to take in 2015? I’m interested in any thoughts or comments that you have. Happy and Healthy New Year Everyone!