Does the Law of Attraction work for you or against you? I’m a big believer in the Law of Attraction. The law of attraction is a simple concept. If you focus on the positive, you’ll attract the positive. If you focus on the negative, you’ll attract the negative.
Some people think that the Law of Attraction is utterly ridiculous because of the simplicity of this concept. I have found that my attitude both positive and negative has helped me attract whatever my attitude was.
An example of this was when I wasn’t able to find the right people to help me when I wrote my book, Making Sense of your high sensitivity. I felt that I would never find good and reliable people to help me. When I saw the movie, The Secret, in 2006, I changed my attitude and believed that there were the right people to assist me and that I would have to do further research. I did this and I found the right people. What made the difference? I simply changed my attitude to a more positive one.
Here are some suggestions to live the law of attraction:
* Rid yourself of negative thoughts and feelings. Negativity will ultimately drive away the positive things that you deserve. Learn to erase your mind of anything negative. For example, if you find yourself in a long line and complaining about it, stop complaining and be thankful that you’re well enough to stand in line. Make it a habit to positively focus on the smallest things. After you consciously do this enough times, it’ll become second nature to you.
* Surround yourself with positive people. Associate with positive people. Stay away from chronic complainers, whiners, and people who sulk over meaningless things. These types of people are hazardous to highly sensitive people who take in everyone’s energy.
* Visualize what you want. Visualization sends a positive signal out to the universe. Whether you want a better job, a bigger house, a new car, more money, or a significant other, visualize yourself having it. How would you feel? The clearer the picture you have, the more you’ll attract and be motivated to take the actions needed to get it.
* Seek help when you need it. Sometimes you need help from others to help you with your vision. I offer HSP consultations by e-mail that will put you on the track that you want and need to go.
* Learn to give thanks. List everything that you’re grateful for. It’s extremely important to take quiet time to give thanks for the things that you have. Practice this everyday. As you keep doing this, you’ll discover that you’re receiving more and more to be thankful for.
The principles surrounding the Law of Attraction are quite straightforward. To live the Law of Attraction, you need an open mind, a willing spirit, and the ability to take action.
Does the Law of Attraction work for you or against you? I’m interested in any thoughts of comments that you have.