Do you blush? I do! Very easily I may add. Any number of emotions and physical reactions can set it off. It’s embarrassing sometimes, but I’ve learned to live with it. It’s a learned response.
My blushing can come at a moment’s notice. I can’t prepare for it, it’s a natural reaction for me. Here are some ways my blushing manifests itself:
* When I feel overwhelmed. Feeling overwhelmed is a natural occurrence when you go above your emotional and physical limits. I use blushing as my natural barometer to take a break and rest.
* When I eat spicy food. I can’t pinpoint the type of spicy food that makes me blush. It doesn’t prevent me from eating the food that I enjoy.
* When I feel guilty, ashamed, and inadequate. I don’t feel this way most of the time. When I do, I examine my feelings and see if they are warranted and true. I make adjustments as needed.
* When I’m around many people. Blushing doesn’t keep me from associating with others. I do pick and choose the people and crowds that I interact with. My blushing reminds me to limit my time in these situations.
* When I’m angry. Becoming too angry in a situation isn’t healthy for anyone. I try not to get myself to the point of being overly angry.
* When someone compliments me. Why should I blush in this great situation? Lack of self-esteem I guess. I’ve learned to accept a compliment graciously and feel personally good about it.
Blushing isn’t a proven HSP trait, but it’s definitely true for me. Accept it and don’t let it become a hindrance in your life.
Do you blush? I’m interested in any thoughts or comments that you have.