What are some benefits of lifelong learning? The pursuit of knowledge through lifelong learning, whether it’s learning to play the guitar, speak a foreign language, or prepare a gourmet meal, has wonderful benefits for everyone. When I want to do more of anything, I give myself as many benefits as possible to do it.
Here are some benefits of lifelong learning:
* Education keeps your mind active and engaged at any age. It’s fulfilling and rewarding and it improves the overall quality of your life. A mind that is active is less inclined to memory loss or to diseases which slow down the memory process.
* Learning gives you a positive outlook on the future and gives you a sense of having the ability to take charge of your life.
* Offers a way to expand your interests and discover new things that inspire you, which can help you find more meaning in your life.
* Learning opportunities, such as taking classes, connects you with people who share your interests and passions.
* Improves memory and cognition. The more you use your mind, the more capacity you have to learn. Stimulates brain cells and keeps your mind sharp.
* Increases self-confidence.
* Generates a feeling of accomplishment.
* Learning new skills can increase your income or expand your career options. You can update your skills in an ever-changing world. It also helps you build skills that you already have.
* Offers comfort during difficult times. Sometimes it just takes a little education to get through a challenging situation or adapt to a changing environment. Education provides you with more resources for help.
* Helps you become a more interesting person. The more you know, the better conversationalist you’ll be.
Can you add more benefits for lifelong learning? I’m interested in any thoughts or comments that you have.
“Always walk through life as if you have something new to learn…and you will.” ~Vernon Howard, Author
“The only real skill that matters in the world is the ability to learn what you need to know on a regular basis.”
~John Naisbitt, Author