Is fear holding you back? If you’re a human being, it probably is or has. When you’re faced with making a change or doing something different our “fear sensors” naturally kick in and says danger, danger or trouble ahead, trouble ahead! Isn’t this true?
Here are some warning signs that fear is holding you back:
* Are you afraid to make a mistake and look incompetent?
* When you’re faced with a new opportunity, do you give yourself more reasons to not take a chance?
* Do you blame others for holding you back? For example, you blame your kids for not going back to school or taking a few classes.
* If something were to go wrong, you don’t think that you’re strong enough to handle the situation?
So what is a person to do when you need to take a chance and move past your fear?
* Everyone makes mistakes. I’ve learned that I can make adjustments as needed. I’m comforted that people are more interested in themselves and don’t care what I do.
* I become more motivated when I give myself more reasons to do something than not. The more reasons you give yourself to go for it, the more you’ll want to go for it. Write them down and refer to it often.
* Blame is no excuse to not do something. Be honest with yourself and ask the question…Do I really want to do this? If so, you’ll do everything you can to make it happen.
* We highly sensitive people don’t give ourselves enough credit for being strong and resilient. Think of the times when you overcome a hardship/hardships and worked through it. Give yourself the credit that you deserve and you’ll take the actions to better your life.
It’s important to remember that we radiate what we feel about ourselves. If we feel that we’re weak, insensitive people will exploit us by treating us badly. When we feel good about ourselves, people will treat us in kind. Make a written list of the good things about yourself. Refer to it often. This will increase your self-esteem and you will portray a more positive image. Make it a habit to look for the positive in yourself.
Is fear holding you back? I’m interested in any thoughts or comments that you have.